My Healthiest Life

Stop by Expecting Parents to see a gorgeous little girl, Megan!

So, I've decided to start a NEW BLOG and hopefully you'll bookmark it. It's going to be on everything health related that I'm interested in or have experienced first hand. Most of you may not know this, but I have literally transformed my life in the last few years and I am healthier and more energetic now at 38(I know that's old) than I was at 20! (Maybe it's the partying that I was doing then). It's not that I was "sick" or "overweight" it's just that I felt like my body wasn't getting younger, and I didn't like what I was seeing. It seemed that my hormones were out of balance, that my metabolism was really slowing down and I was seeing signs of aging that seemed to be creeping up on me very quickly that weren't there the day before! I knew it was time to change a few things and that If I didn't do it immediately, I would begin to feel worse and worse. Knowing that nothing "serious" was wrong with me yet, and having less and less faith in our traditional medical care as a form of treatment or prevention, I knew that I needed to step up to the plate. So I started changing the way I, we, ate, which was never that bad, but It got much, much better. On the new blog, I will give a run down of exactly what I have done over the last 2 years to change my health, so I won't go into all of the details now.



I have become rather obsessed with nutrition and health to the point where hours a day are devoted to reading, researching, writing and collecting information on health and nutrition. All of which I use to apply to my own life and my family's and friends. For the last few years, those who know me will attest to the fact that when having a conversation with me, it usually turns to something "health, nutrition, prevention" related. I'm always the first to pass on what I have just read or researched. Those closest to me are usually extremely understanding even in their most bored states, but inevitably politely excuse themselves from the conversation as soon as they can. Sometimes I can't believe not everyone is as fascinated with the latest research on Alzheimer's as I am! Or why they wouldn't want to hear about the best way to balance your hormones naturally or what the best source of Omega 3 oils, etc! I've also had many people within the last few years strongly suggest I start teaching nutrition or at least teach some classes at my daughter's school. I even get e-mails from people asking about past "posts" where I had recommended a certain product or food and they ask where they could find it.

With all this being said, I have known for quite some time that this was the direction my life was heading in, yet not quite sure how I was going to utilize my skills and talents in the "prevention/health/nutrition" field without becoming an outright "healer, naturopath, acupuncturist, nutritionist" etc. I have tremendous respect for all of these fields, however this isn't what I see myself doing exactly. I'm more of the reporter, researcher, advocate, social, communicator type as oppose to being the Dr, healer or treater. So, I have decided to start my third blog, and I have decided to call it Your Healthiest Life! This is going to be the best venue for one of my biggest passions, health, nutrition, prevention and living your life to your fullest potential.

This blog will be devoted to passing on accurate, helpful, healthy information that will help you stay up on all of the latest research and preventative information. I will be writing about organic foods and where the best place to find them is, how to navigate your own grocery store even if you don't live near a health food store, how to read through false and misleading ingredients on labels, how to stay away from unnecessary supplements and avoid "over supplementing", how to easily lose 5 to 10 pounds immediately by cutting just one thing out of your diet, which products that I personally use which will help you get healthier and stay healthy and on and on! These are just a few of the topics that I will be focusing my energy on! I will be writing on this blog Monday thru Friday and will be posting effective, helpful, unbiased, truthful information that stays away from the trends that proliferate the "Natural Healthcare" world. I hope you can tune in! It is going to be exciting, informative and helpful!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Jaden's Journal - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template