An Emotional Speech

Sometimes I get emotional when I think about what Jaden means to me. It's so profound trying to explain to other's as I often spend time doing, just how enormously special he is to me. Of course all of our children are precious to us. It's just that my love for Jaden is different. It's a love I want to explain to everyone I meet and to whomever meets him. If I have to break down stereotypes every single day for the rest of my life, I'm up for the task. Hearing Sarah Palin's speech a few nights ago, I was brought to tears. Not because she has a son with Down Syndrome. But because finally, someone on a National Platform could ever so slightly touch on the subject for a second of Down Syndrome and Special Needs. This is a community that needs a large voice and never has there been a greater need. So, thank you Sarah Palin for being that voice and for telling the world what we already know, that your son is "perfect" and that you are grateful to have him. I thank God every day for giving me Jaden just the way he is. For letting me learn, in this life time, lessons I never dreamed I needed to learn. Thank you God, for Jaden. I tell people every day, that Jaden is perfection personified. Just as we all are.

Yesterday, picking up Jaden and Lyla from school, Lyla said, "Mom, some of the girls were telling me that a few kids were making fun of Jaden."
I said, "Lyla, if you ever hear anyone making fun of Jaden, tell them one thing, he's no more different than they are. Everybody has something that makes them different, it's just some things are easier for some people to hide. But everyone has something different, everyone! Remember, God is fair and equal when handing out differences." She said, ok, I'll say that. :)

3 comments:

Its Time to Live said...

What a mom! I have three special needs employees, one is 50 years old. Though trying at times, they are great to work with. Keep up the good work.

Billy said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. I totally agree that parents with special needs have been underrepresented. I'm glad that a candidate touched on the subject.

Do you think she'll advocate for parents with children who have autism as well?

There's a lot of discussion going on about whether Palin meant what she said and if it meant enough to vote for McCain and her.

The Bliss Family said...

Hi, I found your blog through Emma Sage's. Just wanted to let you know how wonderful it is to read all of the info you have posted (regarding health, diet, learning, etc). My daughter turns 1 today so we are trying to get as much info as we can about different ways of learning & teaching to help her get ready for school. I love your info on diet & digestive track health. Natasha takes probiotics to help with digestive track health. I look forward to following your blog. Jaden looks like is doing great! Don't mind me if I pick your brain from time to time for suggestions. =)
Lisa

Copyright © 2008 - Jaden's Journal - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template