Back From Hiatus

Well If anyone is still out there reading this blog or happens to stop by, I apologize for such a long break since my last entry. Obviously, so much has happened in the last 7 months, however all good! The only reason for my break was work, family, business, family, work, family, and work. I hope to be more regular in my entries again and also hope to be able to fit it into my schedule during the day. I miss reading all of my fellow friends blogs. I have so much to catch up on. In the time that I've been absent, one of my "blogging" friends published a BOOK, another few are pregnant again, some have even had more babies! Unbelievable what happens in such a short period of time. Congratulations and the most happiness to all of you!!!

Here's a quick update with Jaden, now 3-1/2 years old. He's been in a "typical" pre-school up until a month ago and was doing fabulously. The only problem is, he isn't "Fully" potty trained, and can't move up into the next class until he is. Developmentally he's ready to move on, except for this one little thing. He's 80% potty trained at home, but at school, he's not assertive about telling the teachers when he has to go. Unless they ask him regularly, he won't go on the potty. So we pulled him out of school and now have a wonderful woman come to the house who spends 3-4 hours a day with him. She is amazing. She takes him to the park, teaches him reading, writing, music etc. She's his friend and teacher and allows me to work. So, we're hoping he's potty trained soon. Once he is, we'll put him back in school.

I sometimes can't believe the stereotypes with Down Syndrome. The one that doesn't seep to apply to Jaden lately that much is "They're such sweet, lovable, caring people". Yes this is probably true most of the time, however, Jaden would better be described with different adjetives. I would be more quick to say he is feisty, disobedient, rebellious, rambunctious, curious, funny, happy, angry, sad, loud, talkative, and wild! "Sweet, lovable, caring" would be left for other times in describing him. So we have a wild 3 year old at home who is probably like most other 3 year olds and he's doing amazing! His favorite thing to do now is break dance. It's very funny, I'll upload a video soon. When we say "Jaden, break dance", he gets down on the floor and spins around, and break dances. More updates, soon and I look forward to hearing from you, if you're still out there!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Jaden's Journal - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template